Saturday, June 1, 2013

It´s June!

I just happened to find time to post something super-quick...and realized it was June 1. First of all, I can´t believe it´s already June. It´s confusing when the weather in Quito is perpetual fall...I keep thinking it´s October or something. Especially now that I´ve moved farther north, the weather is actually cooler. Perhaps I´m at a higher altitude? I think. And also, I had hopes of blogging once a month so it´s pure luck that I ran across the street to use the internet. I use the computer at this little store that sells everything, and to the store owner, everyone is named ´neighbor.´

Let´s see, what´s there to report? I´m happy, healthy, and thinking of a visit to the States in August or December. I´m not really sure when is best.

I moved about three weeks ago and am happy in this new area. There are 0 foreigners, I´m a bit closer to other friends, and my roommate is a friend of mine who recently moved to Quito from the coast. Our apartment is the lower level of a house, it´s spacious and aside from being a bit chilly, I have no complaints.

And, that´s all for now. 

Here are some photos of the last month:

May 2013

Also, June 1 was another date I had in mind, once upon a time, of leaving Quito. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment